ANN: poliastro 0.9 released 🚀

Juan Luis Cano juanlu001 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 06:05:16 EDT 2018

Hi all,

It fills us with astronomical joy to announce the release of *poliastro
0.9.0*! 🚀

poliastro is a pure Python library that allows you to simulate and analyze
interplanetary orbits in a Jupyter notebook in an interactive and easy way,
used in academia and the industry by people from all around the world. You
can install it using pip or conda:

pip install poliastro
conda install poliastro --channel conda-forge

This release brought many visualization improvements, and most specially
new propagators and perturbation forces. The new propagators have better
convergence properties so you should see fewer errors, and the new
perturbation forces are extremely cool to simulate non-Keplerian orbits.
You can read a brief example in the documentation:

http://docs.poliastro.space/en/v0.9.0/user_guide.html#accounting-non-keplerian-orbits-perturbation

On the other hand, we are very excited with all the good news about the
project: one student will be working full time as part of the Google Summer
of Code, and we will present the library in the upcoming Python in
Astronomy workshop in New York, USA. You can read the full release notes in
the documentation:

http://docs.poliastro.space/en/v0.9.0/changelog.html#poliastro-0-9-0-2018-04-25

If you want to know more, don't miss my talk on the Open Source Cubesat
Worshop held at the European Space Operations Centre:

https://youtu.be/KnoYzqAw_vM?t=1h36m14s

Please come and join our chat on Matrix/Riot and feel free to ask any
questions you might have:

https://riot.im/app/#/room/#poliastro:matrix.org

Per Python ad astra!

--