Fwd: [pypi-announce] New PyPI launching Monday, legacy shutdown two weeks later

Sumana Harihareswara sh at changeset.nyc
Sun Apr 15 09:12:39 EDT 2018

Forwarding from pypi-announce.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Warehouse project manager
Changeset Consulting
https://changeset.nyc

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [pypi-announce] New PyPI launching Monday, legacy shutdown two
weeks later
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 23:32:25 -0000
From: sh at changeset.nyc
To: pypi-announce at python.org

Starting next week, Warehouse [pypi.org] will be the canonical Python
Package Index.

We announced the https://pypi.org beta on March 26
https://pyfound.blogspot.com/2018/03/warehouse-all-new-pypi-is-now-in-beta.html
and your feedback and test usage have helped us get it production-ready.

Monday April 16 (2018-04-16): We will launch the new PyPI, redirecting
browser traffic and API calls (including "pip install") to the new site.

Monday April 30 (2018-04-30): We plan to shut down legacy PyPI
https://pypi.python.org .

For more details, see our roadmap:
https://wiki.python.org/psf/WarehouseRoadmap

If your site/service links to or uses pypi.python.org, you may wish to
start using pypi.org instead:
https://warehouse.readthedocs.io/api-reference/integration-guide/#migrating-to-the-new-pypi

Thank you.

-Sumana Harihareswara on behalf of the PyPI Team