ANN: poliastro 0.7 released

Juan Luis Cano juanlu001 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 13:52:34 EDT 2017

Hi all,

It fills us with astronomical joy to announce the release of *poliastro
0.7.0*! 🚀

poliastro is a pure Python library that allows you to simulate and analyze
interplanetary orbits in a Jupyter notebook in an interactive and easy
way, used
by people from all around the world
<http://docs.poliastro.space/en/v0.7.0/index.html#success-stories>.

This release is the biggest one since the creation of the project in terms
of code changes and new features, and on behalf of the poliastro
development team I would like to deeply thank the European Space Agency for
the SOCIS grant that made it possible.

Highlights from this release include:

* New package for reading NEOs data (asteroids and comets)
* Coordinate frame transformations
* pip packaging
* New patched conics functions for the Kerbal Space Program fans!

As an example, a Jupyter notebook analyzing the orbit of the Florence
asteroid, that passed near the Earth earlier this month, is available:

http://docs.poliastro.space/en/v0.7.0/examples/Catch%20that%20asteroid!.html

If you want to know more, don't miss my talk on EuroPython 2016:

https://youtu.be/VCpTgU1pb5k

An executive summary of the release notes can be read here:

http://blog.poliastro.space/2017/09/15/2017-09-15-poliastro-070-released-ready-pycones/

We encourage you to join our chat on Matrix:

https://riot.im/app/#/room/#poliastro:matrix.org

*Per Python ad Astra! *

*---*
Juan Luis Cano Rodríguez