[ann] sphinxcontrib-trio: make sphinx better at documenting functions/methods, esp. for async/await code

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Fri May 12 04:24:22 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I just released a new package, sphinxcontrib-trio:

    https://sphinxcontrib-trio.readthedocs.io/

It makes it easier to document many kinds of functions/methods in
sphinx, including async functions, abstract methods, generators, etc.

I originally wrote it for the trio [1] project, hence the name, but
don't let that put you off -- there's nothing about it that's specific
to trio, or even to async/await (except that projects that use
async/await *really need* an extension like this). Really I think this
extension ought to be a standard feature of sphinx. But in the mean
time, it's pretty handy.

-n

[1] https://trio.readthedocs.io