aiosmtpd 1.1

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Jul 6 11:49:32 EDT 2017

Hi!

On behalf of all the developers, I'm very happy to announce the release of
aiosmtpd 1.1.

aiosmtpd is a re-implementation of the stdlib smtpd.py module on top of the
asyncio framework.  It is compliant with the relevant RFCs (5321, 2033, etc.)
and supports both SMTP (Simple Mail Transport Protocol) and LMTP (Local Mail
Transport Protocol) out of the box.  It provides for running the server both
from Python and the command line, and it is extensible both by subclassing and
by implementing your own "event handlers".

aiosmtpd is compatible with Python 3.5 and 3.6.

Changes in 1.1 include:

* Dropped support for Python 3.4.  Yay for async/await!
* Better support for RFC 5321.  This includes a minor backward
  incompatibility: if your handler implements handle_NOOP(), the method must
  now accept an argument.
* Much better support for HELP, including adding a decorator that allows
  SMTP subclasses to control what shows up in HELP.
* General improvements to the command line, including adding a manpage.
* General improvements and enhancements in the Controller class.
* Fixes to several issues around STARTTLS.

Much thanks goes to all our fine contributors!

Project home: https://github.com/aio-libs/aiosmtpd
Report bugs at: https://github.com/aio-libs/aiosmtpd/issues
Git clone: https://github.com/aio-libs/aiosmtpd.git
Documentation: http://aiosmtpd.readthedocs.io/