ANN: Pandas v0.22.0 released

Tom Augspurger tom.w.augspurger at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 07:46:19 EST 2017

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce pandas 0.22.0 has been released.

This is a major release from 0.21.1 and includes a single, API-breaking
change. We recommend that all users upgrade to this version after carefully
reading the release note.

The only changes are:

   - The sum of an empty or all-*NA* Series is now 0
   - The product of an empty or all-*NA* Series is now 1
   - We’ve added a min_count parameter to .sum() and .prod() controlling
   the minimum number of valid values for the result to be valid. If fewer
   than min_count non-*NA* values are present, the result is *NA*. The
   default is 0. To return NaN, the 0.21 behavior, use min_count=1.

See the pandas 0.22.0 whatsnew
<https://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/version/0.22.0/whatsnew.html#whatsnew-0220>
overview for further explanation of all the places in the library this
affects.

- Tom

---

*What is it:*

pandas is a Python package providing fast, flexible, and expressive data
structures designed to make working with “relational” or “labeled” data
both easy and intuitive. It aims to be the fundamental high-level building
block for doing practical, real world data analysis in Python.
Additionally, it has the broader goal of becoming the most powerful and
flexible open source data analysis / manipulation tool available in any
language.

*How to get it:*

Source tarballs and windows/mac/linux wheels are available on PyPI (thanks
to Christoph Gohlke for the Windows wheels, and to Matthew Brett for
setting up the Mac / Linux wheels).
Conda packages are available on the default and conda-forge channels.

*Issues:*

Please report any issues on our issue tracker: https://github.com/py
data/pandas/issues