EuroPython 2016 Keynote: Naomi Ceder

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Fri May 27 05:17:24 EDT 2016

We are pleased to announce our fourth keynote speaker for EuroPython
2016:

			 *** Naomi Ceder ***

About Naomi Ceder
-----------------

Naomi Ceder has been learning, teaching, using, and talking about
Python since 2001. She is the author of the Quick Python Book, 2nd
edition and has served the Python community in various ways, including
as an organizer for PyCon US and a member of the PSF Board of
Directors. Naomi is also the co-founder of Trans*Code, a UK based hack
day focusing on trans issues.

She speaks about her own experiences of marginalization with the hope
of making the communities she loves more diverse and welcoming for
everyone. In her spare time she enjoys knitting and deep philosophical
conversations with her dogs.

The Keynote: Come for the Language, Stay for the Community

While Python the language is wonderful, the Python community and the
personal, social, and professional benefits that flow from involvement
in a community like ours are often more compelling.

    "Learn about the goals of the Python Software Foundation and how
    everyone can take part to help build even better Python
    communities locally, regionally, and globally.  I will also
    discuss some of our strengths as a community, and also look at
    some of the challenges we face going forward."

With gravitational regards,
--
EuroPython 2016 Team
http://ep2016.europython.eu/

PS: Please forward or retweet to help us reach all interested parties:
https://twitter.com/europython/status/736123122743713792
Thanks.