datatest 0.6.0 (First public release!)

Shawn Brown 03sjbrown at gmail.com
Tue May 17 08:08:09 EDT 2016

I'm happy to announce the first public release of datatest.

Datatest extends the standard library's unittest package to
provide testing tools for asserting data correctness.

 * Docs: http://datatest.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
 * PyPI: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/datatest/
 * GitHub: https://github.com/shawnbrown/datatest
 * Issues: https://github.com/shawnbrown/datatest/issues

For more than a year now, all of the data used at the National
Committee for an Effective Congress <http://ncec.org/about>
has been checked with test suites built on datatest.  The
package has reached a point where it can be more generally
useful and most of the kinks appear to be resolved. Having
said that, this is a beta release and the API may change in
small ways before version 1.0.0.

 * Pure Python; tested on versions 2.6 through 3.5.
 * Currently supports:
    - CSV files
    - pandas DataFrames (requires pandas)
    - MS Excel worksheets (requires xlrd)
    - SQLite tables
    - [more to come]
 * Permissive license (Apache 2.0).

Looking to the future, I intend to add more optimizations,
improved py.test integration (including a py.test plugin),
and support for a few more data sources before making an
official stable release.

-Shawn Brown