ANN Nanpy 0.9.5 - Use your Arduino with Python

Andrea Stagi stagi.andrea at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 11:51:19 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm happy to announce Nanpy 0.9.5 release.
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/nanpy/0.9.5

This release includes some bug fixing and Adafruit TLC5947 24-Channel PWM
Driver support.

I don't think to continue developing Nanpy and adding modules to the core
by myself, so if you want to extend Nanpy please read this guide:
http://nanpy.github.io/#how-to-extend-nanpy

If you want to know how to start using Nanpy read this http://nanpy
.github.io/

With Nanpy you can easily use your Arduino board writing Python code from
any device and you can build awesome things like an old RC car now powered
by Raspberry Pi and Arduino and controlled via Android (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iepyMyFNtjk
https://github.com/chickenfootcar), Smart Gardening (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6hN1xkelKA), Minecraft Altimeter
(*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Ei9n_2sLY
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Ei9n_2sLY>*
https://github.com/DjangoBeer/minecraftpi-hack/tree/master/altimeter).

Our "Hello World":

    a = ArduinoApi()
    a.pinMode(13, a.OUTPUT)
    a.digitalWrite(13, a.HIGH)

We support OneWire, Lcd, Stepper, Servo, DallasTemperature and many more
libraries… Let’s try to connect our 16x2 lcd screen on pins 7, 8, 9, 10,
11, 12 and show your first “Hello world”!

    from nanpy import Lcd

    lcd = Lcd([7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12], [16, 2])
    lcd.printString('Hello World!')

Nanpy is an open source project, you can follow our work on Github
https://github.com/nanpy

--
Andrea Stagi (@4stagi) - Develover @Nephila
Job profile: http://linkedin.com/in/andreastagi