azure 1.0.0 released

Hugues Valois huvalo at microsoft.com
Tue Sep 1 18:22:11 CEST 2015

I am glad to announce the release of the Azure SDK for Python v1.0.0. This package is available on the Python package index at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/azure.

Some of the things you can do with the Microsoft Azure SDK are:
- Create and deploy Linux or Windows VMs
- Manage various Azure resources such as storage accounts
- Transfer data on many storage offerings

As part of the 1.0.0 release, we've made the Azure libraries more modular.
You can now choose to install the azure bundle package, which installs all Azure packages, or install the packages you need individually.

We've also moved the Azure Storage runtime library to its own repository at https://github.com/Azure/azure-storage-python. You'll still get the runtime library when installing azure, but now you have the option of only installing the azure-storage package (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/azure-storage).

Upgrade notice:

If you are upgrading from v0.11.x or earlier, make sure to uninstall that
version before installing any of the new azure packages.

Major new features:

* Preliminary Azure Resource Manager (ARM) support.
  Manage your Azure compute, network and storage resources.
  This is a preview and is subject to changes in future releases.
  https://azure-sdk-for-python.readthedocs.org/en/latest/resourcemanagement.html
* Azure Storage File support.
  http://azure-storage.readthedocs.org/en/latest/file.html

I want to thank GitHub users Sabbasth, schaefi, feoff3, JamieCressey for their contributions.

Full Release Notes: https://github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-python/releases/tag/v1.0.0