PyCA cryptography 1.1 released

Paul Kehrer paul.l.kehrer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 18:47:54 EDT 2015

On behalf of all our contributors I am pleased to announce the release of PyCA/cryptography (https://github.com/pyca/cryptography) 1.1! cryptography is a package which provides cryptographic recipes and primitives to Python developers. Our goal is for it to be your "cryptographic standard library". We support Python 2.6-2.7, Python 3.3+, and PyPy.

Changelog (https://cryptography.io/en/latest/changelog/):

* Added support for Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman with ECDH.
* Added X963KDF.
* Added support for parsing certificate revocation lists (CRLs) using load_pem_x509_crl() and load_der_x509_crl().
* Add support for AES key wrapping with aes_key_wrap() and aes_key_unwrap().
* Added a __hash__ method to Name.
* Add support for encoding and decoding elliptic curve points to a byte string form using encode_point() and from_encoded_point().
* Added get_extension_for_class().
* CertificatePolicies are now supported in the CertificateBuilder.
* countryName is now encoded as a PrintableString when creating subject and issuer distinguished names with the Certificate and CSR builder classes.

...and other small improvements as always.

-Paul Kehrer (reaperhulk)