aiosmtpd 1.0a1 - asyncio-based implementations of SMTP/LMTP

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Oct 20 15:51:29 CEST 2015

I'm very happy to announce the first alpha release of aiosmtpd, an
asyncio-based implementation of SMTP and LMTP.

http://aiosmtpd.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/aiosmtpd/1.0a1

This library can be used as a standalone server, or as a testing framework for
applications that send email.  It's inspired by several previous packages
including the stdlib smtpd.py, lazr.smtptest, Benjamin Bader's aiosmtp, and
submodules in GNU Mailman.

This is an alpha release, so it can obviously use lots of feedback, and
contributions are very much welcome.  We're developing the library on GitLab;
see the RTD link above for details.

Brought to you by the aiosmtpd hacking cabal of Andrew Kuchling, Eric Smith,
Jason Coombs, R. David Murray and myself.

Our aim is to include aiosmtpd in the Python 3.6 stdlib as a better
alternative to smtpd.py.

Cheers,
-Barry