fades v4

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 21:49:47 EST 2015

Hello all,

We're glad to announce the release of fades 4.

fades is a system that automatically handles the virtualenvs in the
cases normally found when writing scripts and simple programs, and
even helps to administer big projects.

It will automagically create a new virtualenv (or reuse a previous
created one), installing the necessary dependencies, and execute
your script inside that virtualenv.

You only need to execute the script with fades (instead of Python) and
also mark the required dependencies. More details here:

    http://fades.rtfd.org/

What's new in this release?

- New option to use iPython as the interactive interpreter: --ipython
  (thanks Ariel Rossanigo).

- Now it's possible to execute a program inside the virtualenv, with -x
  (thanks Ricardo Kirkner).

  For example, it's possible to create a django project without needing
  django installed in your system, just doing:

    fades -d django -x manage startproject foo

- Can execute fades as a Python's module (thanks Javi Mansilla)

- Support using Python 3.3 to run fades

- If you want to fiddle with lower layers options, we have several options
  for you:

    - you can send parameters to virtualend with --virtualenv-options

    - also to pip, with --pip-options

    - it's possible to remove a managed-by-fades virtualenv with --rm <uuid>

- We have a logo!

- Now we run the fades tests using fades itself, no need to install
  anything previously

- You can create virtualenvs with --system-site-packages

- Other minor bugfixes and improvements

To get it:

- If you are in debian unstable, just do:

    sudo apt-get install fades

- For other debian/ubuntu you have a .deb here:

    http://taniquetil.com.ar/fades/fades-latest.deb

- Install it in Arch is very simple:

    yaourt -S fades

- Using pip if you want:

    pip3 install fades

- You can always get the multiplatform tarball and install it in the
  old fashion way:

    wget http://taniquetil.com.ar/fades/fades-latest.tar.gz
    tar -xf fades-latest.tar.gz
    cd fades-*
    sudo ./setup.py install

Help / questions:

- You can ask any question or send any recommendation or request
  to the mailing list.

- Also, you can open an issue here (please do if you find any problem!).

    https://github.com/PyAr/fades/issues/new

- The project itself is in

    https://github.com/PyAr/fades

Thanks in advance for your time!