ANN: Bokeh 0.9.0 released

Damian Avila damian.avila at continuum.io
Mon May 18 17:43:09 CEST 2015

Hi all,

We are excited to announce the release of version *0.9.0* of Bokeh, an
interactive web plotting library for Python... and other languages!
This release was focused into allow sophisticated interactions in static
plots, a complete rewrite of the User guide and big BokehJS refactoring
switching to use broswerify.

Some of the highlights are:

* Callback Action, serverless interactivity in static plots
* Hover inspection along lines
* Client side LOD downsampling for interactive tools
* Full User guide rewrite
* Reduce BokehJS boilerplate and switch to use browserify
* Several example bugfixes

See the CHANGELOG for full details.

If you are using Anaconda/miniconda, you can install with conda:

*    conda install bokeh*

or directly from our Binstar main channel with:

*    conda install -c bokeh bokeh*

Alternatively, you can install with pip:

    *pip install bokeh*

Developer builds are also now made available to get features in the hands
of interested users more quickly. See the Developer Builds
<http://bokeh.pydata.org/en/latest/docs/installation.html#developer-builds>
section in the documentation for more details.

BokehJS is also available by CDN for use in standalone Javascript
applications:

* http://cdn.pydata.org/bokeh/release/bokeh-0.9.0.min.js
* http://cdn.pydata.org/bokeh/release/bokeh-0.9.0.min.css

Finally, BokehJS is also installable with the Node Package Manager at
https://www.npmjs.com/package/bokehjs

Issues, enhancement requests, and pull requests can be made on the Bokeh
Github page: https://github.com/bokeh/bokeh

Cheers.

--
*Damián Avila*