ANN: dh-virtualenv 0.8 released

Jyrki Pulliainen jyrki at spotify.com
Thu Oct 2 13:33:04 CEST 2014

Hello,

I'm pleased to announce that we at Spotify have released dh-virtualenv
0.8! Dh-virtualenv
is a packaging tool that makes it possible to package virtualenvs inside
Debian packages.

dh-virtualenv works by registering itself as a part of debhelper sequence,
so pretty much any pre-existing Debian build system you have should be
compatible with it.

Changelog since version 0.8:
- Support for running triggers upon host interpreter update. This new
 feature makes it possible to
  upgrade the host Python interpreter  and avoid breakage of all the
virtualenvs installed with
  dh-virtualenv.
- Support for the built-in (Python 3.3+) venv module
- Ability to pass custom pip arguments to be passed with --extra-pip-args
flag

I would like to thank all the contributors and especially Jürgen Hermann
for implementing the Python interpreter trigger!

For more information, see documentation here:
http://dh-virtualenv.readthedocs.org/en/0.8/index.html
And source code here: https://github.com/spotify/dh-virtualenv/tree/0.8

Cheers,
Jyrki Pulliainen