ANN: pandas 0.14.1 released

Jeff Reback jeffreback at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 15:31:15 CEST 2014

Hello,

We are proud to announce v0.14.1 of pandas, a minor release from 0.14.0.

This release includes a small number of API changes, several new features,
enhancements, and performance improvements along with a large number of bug
fixes.

This was 1.5 months of work with 244 commits by 45 authors encompassing 306
issues.

We recommend that all users upgrade to this version.

*Highlights:*

   - New method select_dtypes()
   <http://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/generated/pandas.DataFrame.select_dtypes.html#pandas.DataFrame.select_dtypes>
   to select columns based on the dtype
   - New method sem()
   <http://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/generated/pandas.Series.sem.html#pandas.Series.sem>
   to calculate the standard error of the mean.
   - Support for dateutil timezones (see *docs*
   <http://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/timeseries.html#timeseries-timezone>
   ).
   - Support for ignoring full line comments in the read_csv()
   <http://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/generated/pandas.read_csv.html#pandas.read_csv>text
   parser.
   - New documentation section on *Options and Settings*
   <http://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/options.html#options>.
   - Lots of bug fixes

For a more a full description of Whatsnew for v0.14.1 here:
http://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/whatsnew.html

*What is it:*

*pandas* is a Python package providing fast, flexible, and expressive data
structures designed to make working with “relational” or “labeled” data both
easy and intuitive. It aims to be the fundamental high-level building block
for
doing practical, real world data analysis in Python. Additionally, it has
the
broader goal of becoming the most powerful and flexible open source data
analysis / manipulation tool available in any language.

Documentation:
http://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/

Source tarballs, windows binaries are available on PyPI:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pandas

windows binaries are courtesy of  Christoph Gohlke and are built on Numpy
1.8
macosx wheels will be available soon, courtesy of Matthew Brett

Please report any issues here:
https://github.com/pydata/pandas/issues

Thanks

The Pandas Development Team