DEAP release 1.0.0: Distributed Evolutionary Algorithms in Python

Félix-Antoine Fortin felix.antoine.fortin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 18:19:23 CET 2014

After more than 4 years of development, we are proud to announce the
release of DEAP 1.0.0. You can download a copy of this release at the
following web page.

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/deap

DEAP (Distributed Evolutionary Algorithms in Python) is a novel evolutionary
computation framework for rapid prototyping and testing of ideas. Its design
departs from most other existing frameworks in that it seeks to make algorithms
explicit and data structures transparent, as opposed to the more common black
box type of frameworks.

To get to know more about DEAP and the current release, we invite you
to read the most recent article on DEAP published in SIGEvolution volume 6,
issue 2, pp. 17-26.

http://sigevolution.org/

An IPython notebook version of the article is also available.

https://github.com/DEAP/notebooks

This release includes:
    - Major overhaul of statistics computing and logging;
    - Ability to do Object Oriented Genetic Programming (OOGP);
    - Symbolic regression benchmarks for GP;
    - New tutorials and better documentation;
    - Several new examples from diverse fields;
    - and several other changes.

Every changes of this release are detailed in the documentation.

http://deap.gel.ulaval.ca/doc/default/releases.html

To help users translate code from 0.9.x to 1.0.0, we have also written
a new porting guide that details every change required to use DEAP 1.0.

http://deap.gel.ulaval.ca/doc/default/porting.html

Your feedback and comments are welcome at http://goo.gl/LZkdi4 or
deap-users at googlegroups dot com. You can also follow us on Twitter @deapdev,
and on our blog http://deapdev.wordpress.com/.

Best,

François-Michel De Rainville
Félix-Antoine Fortin
Marc-André Gardner
Christian Gagné
Marc Parizeau

Laboratoire de vision et systèmes numériques
Département de génie électrique et génie informatique
Université Laval
Quebec City (Quebec), Canada