ANN: MyNewspaper v4.0

Iñigo Serna inigoserna at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 14:10:09 CEST 2014

Hi there,

I'm really pleased to announce a new release of MyNewspaper, a web-based
personal ATOM/RSS aggregator and feeds reader.
This new version has been completely rewritten from scratch.

It's under GNU Affero GPL License version 3 or later.

Some technical points of interest:
- written in Python 3.2+
- backend based on BottlePy web micro framework, FeedParser, SQLite,
DateUtil
- frontend with javascript (jQuery, jQueryUI)

More information, and download link at:
- [main] https://inigo.katxi.org/devel/mynewspaper
- [code repository] https://bitbucket.org/inigoserna/mynewspaper4

BLURB:
MyNewspaper can be considered an old project, as first version dates from
2005, and since then it has adopted and adapted different web paradigms:
CGI running on a web server in v1.0, pure web app in v2.0, javascript and
AJAX for v3.0.
A couple of years after v3.0 release I abandoned it to join Google Reader
wave, but since the announce of its shutdown I turned to MyNewspaper as I
didn't like any of the alternatives. Thus I rewrote from scratch all the
code. It was fast, I had a working version in a month, many weeks before
Google Reader closed, but then it took about 10 months more to write the
documentation…
Anyway, this is now version 4.0, a very fast and nice web-based feeds
reader for personal use.

Of course, all comments, suggestions etc. are welcome.

Best regards,
Iñigo Serna