dill-0.2a1

Michael McKerns mmckerns at caltech.edu
Sun Oct 20 22:23:02 CEST 2013

dill: serialize all of python (almost)

# Version
0.2a1: 10/20/13

The latest released version is dill-0.2a1, available at:
    http://dev.danse.us/trac/pathos

You can get the latest development release with all the shiny new features
at:
    http://dev.danse.us/packages

or even better, fork us on our github mirror of the svn trunk:
    https://github.com/uqfoundation

# Highlights
Dill can pickle the following standard types::
    - none, type, bool, int, long, float, complex, str, unicode,
    - tuple, list, dict, file, buffer, builtin,
    - both old and new style classes,
    - instances of old and new style classes,
    - set, frozenset, array, lambda,
    - standard functions, functions with yields, nested functions
    - cell, method, unboundmethod, module, code, methodwrapper
    - dictproxy, methoddescriptor, getsetdescriptor, memberdescriptor,
    - wrapperdescriptor, xrange, slice,
    - notimplemented, ellipsis, quit
    - ... and more

Dill also provides the capability to::
    - save and load python interpreter sessions
    - save and extract the source code from functions and classes
    - interactively diagnose pickling errors

# Thanks:
Thanks to everyone who contributed.  It's been three long years since
dill has made a proper release, so I appreciate everyone's nudging the
package forward.  The authors of dill also thank the UQ Foundation,
the Caltech PSAAP project, the ExMatEx project, the AFOSR, the NSF and
DOE for their recent support.

 ---

Mike McKerns
California Institute of Technology