ANN: matplotlib 1.3.1

Michael Droettboom mdroe at stsci.edu
Thu Oct 10 20:19:20 CEST 2013

I'm pleased to announce the release of matplotlib version 1.3.1.  This is a bugfix release.

It may be downloaded from here, or installed through the package manager of your choice (when available):

http://matplotlib.org/downloads

The changelog is copied below:

New in 1.3.1
------------

1.3.1 is a bugfix release, primarily dealing with improved setup and
handling of dependencies, and correcting and enhancing the
documentation.

The following changes were made in 1.3.1 since 1.3.0.

Enhancements
````````````

- Added a context manager for creating multi-page pdfs (see
    `matplotlib.backends.backend_pdf.PdfPages`).

- The WebAgg backend should no have lower latency over heterogeneous
    Internet connections.

Bug fixes
`````````

- Histogram plots now contain the endline.

- Fixes to the Molleweide projection.

- Handling recent fonts from Microsoft and Macintosh-style fonts with
    non-ascii metadata is improved.

- Hatching of fill between plots now works correctly in the PDF
    backend.

- Tight bounding box support now works in the PGF backend.

- Transparent figures now display correctly in the Qt4Agg backend.

- Drawing lines from one subplot to another now works.

- Unit handling on masked arrays has been improved.

Setup and dependencies
``````````````````````

- Now works with any version of pyparsing 1.5.6 or later, without displaying
    hundreds of warnings.

- Now works with 64-bit versions of Ghostscript on MS-Windows.

- When installing from source into an environment without Numpy, Numpy
    will first be downloaded and built and then used to build
    matplotlib.

- Externally installed backends are now always imported using a
    fully-qualified path to the module.

- Works with newer version of wxPython.

- Can now build with a PyCXX installed globally on the system from source.

- Better detection of Gtk3 dependencies.

Testing
```````

- Tests should now work in non-English locales.

- PEP8 conformance tests now report on locations of issues.

Mike

--
                    _

http://www.droettboom.com