ANN: firehose-0.1 released

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 06:59:45 CET 2013

"firehose" is a Python package intended for managing the results from
code analysis tools (e.g. compiler warnings, static analysis, linters,
etc).

It currently provides parsers for the output of gcc, clang-analyzer and
cppcheck.  These parsers convert the results into a common data model of
Python objects, with methods for lossless roundtrips through a provided
XML format.  There is also a JSON equivalent.

It is available on pypi here:
  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/firehose

and via git from:
  https://github.com/fedora-static-analysis/firehose

The mailing list is:

Firehose is Free Software, licensed under the LGPLv2.1 or (at your
option) any later version.

It requires Python 2.7 or 3.2 onwards, and has been successfully tested
with PyPy.

This is the first tarball release of firehose and it's of alpha quality.
The API and serialization formats are not yet set in stone (and we're
keen on hearing feedback before we lock things down more).

Thanks to Paul Tagliamonte for his help with this release.

Enjoy!
Dave