ANN: python-rrdtool (Python bindings for rrdtool)

Christian Jurk commx at commx.ws
Thu Dec 19 18:11:23 CET 2013

Dear community,

I'm pleased to announce version 0.1.1 of python-rrdtool (former
rrdtool-py3k). python-rrdtool is a rrdtool Python binding for Python 2 and
3. Its based on the original Python (2.x) bindings module by Hye-Shik Chang
and available as a native C extension. Furthermore, it provides an
object-oriented interface to RRD files.

Changes in version 0.1.1:
* Added support for Python 2.7. The binding can now handle Python 2.x and
3.x.
* Added dump command (backport of the commit of Steve Dougherty into the
official rrdtool python binding).
* Minor fixes regarding the use of the graphv command when using on Python
3.x.

Installation is pretty simple (using pip):
# pip install https://github.com/commx/python-rrdtool/tarball/master

The project is hosted on Github (including sources):
https://github.com/commx/python-rrdtool

Further documentation and usage examples can be found on the Github project
page. I'd like to encourage users to test the binding and submit bugs (as
its still at a early stage of development) to the issue tracker there.
Thank you.

--
Best regards,
Christian Jurk