PyCon Finland 2011: two weeks left to register & updates

Petri Lehtinen petri at digip.org
Fri Sep 16 12:26:25 CEST 2011

There's only two weeks left to register to PyCon Finland 2011!
Register now at http://fi.pycon.org/ !

Here are some updates:

Dinner
======

Due to the generosity of our great sponsors, we'll be able to stand a
dinner on Monday evening for everyone with a corporate and normal
ticket!

If you have already registered as a student and are willing to upgrade
your ticket, please contact hallitus at python.fi or me directly. If you
have a normal ticket but are not going to attend the dinner, also
please tell us so that we will know the number of participants.

Information for Guests
======================

We whipped up a new venue, travel and accommodation guide. It is
available at http://piratepad.net/n9hlXdwY2P, and it contains lots of
good information for those who haven't visited Finland or Turku
before.

There's also a guest list available at
http://piratepad.net/MdRfSPDfIl, to make it easier to organize
traveling together, etc. Feel free to add your contact information
there!

Pre-conference activities
=========================

We'll organize a pre-conference meetup at restaurant Koulu,
Eerikinkatu 18, Turku, on Sunday October 16th at 19:00. If you're
coming to Turku already on Sunday, we hope to see you there!

Spread the word!
================

There's only two weeks left to register to PyCon Finland. Spread the
word, write to your blogs, tell your friends and co-workers. Let's
make it this year's best conference in Finland!

Mikko Ohtamaa, one of the organizers, wrote a great blog post:

3 reasons why you should send your corporate representative to PyCon (Finland)
http://opensourcehacker.com/2011/09/15/3-reasons-why-you-should-send-your-corporate-representative-to-pycon-finland/

A must-read for every employer!

Petri Lehtinen
Organizer, PyCon Finland 2011