Tryton 2.2 released

Nicolas Évrard nicolas.evrard at b2ck.com
Thu Nov 3 11:06:47 CET 2011

Hello everyone,

We're announcing the release of Tryton 2.2

What is it?
===========

Tryton is a three-tiers high level general purpose application
platform using either PostgreSQL, MySQL or SQLite as database engine.

The core of Tryton provides all the necessary functionalities for a
complete application framework: data persistence, extensive
modularity, users management (authentication, fine grained control for
data access, handling of concurrent access of resources), workflow and
report engines, web services and internationalisation.

Website: http://www.tryton.org/

What's new?
===========

Here are some of the more important changes to the Tryton client:

* The pop-up windows are now "no modal", which means that they are
   linked to the tab in which they were opened. Creating a new tab is
   now possible. Also, switching from one tab to the other restores the
   state of the opened pop-up windows.
* The search widget has been completely redesigned. We are now using a
   unique widget which allow users to use the search function in a much
   more natural way using a simple syntax. An auto-completion system
   has been included to help users write their search query.
* The action toolbar on the bottom of the screen has been merged with
   main toolbar.
* The user experience has been improved by using the same design from
   the Many2Many and One2Many widgets.

The server side also had its part of changes:

* The access rights on the relation fields are now checked on the server
   side, thus those fields will not be displayed to the user
   (preventing the "You can not read this document" messages).
* The report engine can now output any kind of OpenDocument file. Thanks
   to unoconv, all documents can be converted to another format such as
   the widely used .doc format…
* The translation is now managed with .po file. We hope that it will
   ease the job of the translators as now they can use the tools they
   are used to.
* The use of a LRU cache on the session reduce the memory footprint of
   the server.

--
Nicolas Évrard

B2CK SPRL