Pogo 0.4

Jendrik Seipp jendrikseipp at web.de
Mon Mar 14 02:29:29 CET 2011

I am proud to announce the release of Pogo 0.4, probably the simplest
and fastest audio player for Linux.

You can get the tarball and an Ubuntu deb package at
http://launchpad.net/pogo

What is Pogo?
--------------------
Pogo plays your music. Nothing else. It tries to be fast and
easy-to-use. Pogo's elementary-inspired design uses the screen-space
very efficiently. It is especially well-suited for people who organize
their music by albums on the harddrive. The main interface components
are a directory tree and a playlist that groups albums in an innovative way.
Pogo is a fork of Decibel Audio Player. Supported file formats include
Ogg Vorbis, MP3, FLAC, Musepack, Wavpack, and MPEG-4 AAC.
Pogo is written in Python and uses GTK+ and gstreamer.

What's new in

  0.4 "I'm a complicated guy" (2011-03-14)
* Support for WAV files (LP:684161)
* Export playlist to .m3u format (right-click playlist)
* Show "Open containing folder" in context menu also for seaches
* When caching the files in the music directories do not slow down
application
* Save cover size between sessions
* Fix: adding files from command line by removing bash start script
* Fix: Compiz cover display problem
* Fix: Save maximized state
* Fix: Start playback automatically when tracks are appended, but not
when inserted
* Fix: Unhighlight not selected tracks always
* Code: Assert copyright with date (LP:692792)
* Code: Use pogo.py as binary directly for installations
* Update translations

Cheers,
Jendrik