[ANN] Bento 0.0.5, a packaging solution for python software

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 15:07:31 CET 2011

Hi,

    I am pleased to announce a new release of bento, a packaging
solution for
python which aims at reproducibility, extensibility and simplicity. You can
take a look at its main features on bento's main documentation page
(http://cournape.github.com/Bento). The main features of this 0.0.5
release
are:

    - All python versions from 2.4 up to 3.1 now pass the test suite
(3.2 will
      follow once a distribute issue with 3.2 is fixed)
    - If run under a virtual environment (virtualenv), bento will
install the
      package inside the virtualenvironment by default
    - Internal changes to enable easier change of build tool (an
      example for simple extensions is available for waf 1.6.x)
    - Added experimental distutils compatibility layer so that one can
write a
      setup.py which will pick up all information from bento.info.
This enables
      projects using bento to be able to use tools such as pip.