[ANN] TurboGears 1.5 released

Christoph Zwerschke cito at online.de
Thu Jul 14 23:16:55 CEST 2011

On behalf of the TurboGears Team, I am pleased to announce that
TurboGears 1.5 is now available for download at

     http://www.turbogears.org

and the Python package index

     http://pypi.python.org/pypi/TurboGears

Instructions for downloading and installing are at

     http://www.turbogears.org/1.5/docs/Install.html

Changelog and upgrade instructions are available via

     http://www.turbogears.org/1.5/docs/WhatsNew.html

Note that the well-known TurboGears 1 documentation has been cleaned up
and migrated from MoinMoin to Sphinx.

TurboGears 1 is a web-framework that has been created by Kevin Dangoor
in 2005. Version 1.5 is the latest version in the original TurboGears 1
branch based on CherryPy, now featuring CherryPy 3. Simultaneously, we
have also released bugfix versions 1.0.10 and 1.1.3 of the older
branches running on CherryPy 2. The 1.0 branch is suitable for Python
2.3 to 2.5, while the 1.1 and 1.5 branches support Python 2.4 to 2.7.

We recommend upgrading older TurboGears 1.x versions to 1.5 which is
usually much easier than upgrading to 2.x.

New TurboGears projects should start with TurboGears 2 which is the
current, actively maintained variant of the TurboGears web-framework,
based on Pylons instead of CherryPy.

Have fun with TurboGears and let us know on the mailing list if there
are any problems.

-- Christoph Zwerschke