Python for Qt version 1.0.0~beta5 "color blind" released

Renato Araujo Oliveira Filho renato.filho at openbossa.org
Wed Feb 2 20:03:42 CET 2011

The PySide team is happy to announce the fifth beta release of PySide:
Python for Qt. New versions of the PySide toolchain components
have been released as well.

This is a source code release only; we hope our community packagers will
be providing provide binary packages shortly. To acquire the source code
packages, refer to our download wiki page [1] or pull the relevant
tagged versions from our git repositories [2].

Major changes since 1.0.0~beta4
===============================

This is a bugfix release. Since beta4, a total of 23 bugs have been
fixed. See the list of fixed bugs at the end of this message.

Path towards 1.0 release
========================

The list of bugs in our Bugzilla [3] having P3 or higher priority is
getting short enough that we are beginning to feel confident for to do
the 1.0 release soon. The next release, in two weeks, will be our first
release candidate (rc1): it will incorporate all or most of the
currently open P2/P3 bugs, but after that, only clear regressions
(features which have worked in previous PySide versions but not in rc1)
will be fixed before 1.0. Then, the 1.0 release will happen two weeks
from rc1.

About PySide
============

PySide is the Nokia-sponsored Python Qt bindings project, providing
access to not only the complete Qt 4.7 framework but also Qt Mobility,
as well as to generator tools for rapidly generating bindings for any
Qt-based libraries.

The PySide project is developed in the open, with all facilities you'd
expect from any modern OSS project such as all code in a git repository
[2], an open Bugzilla [3] for reporting bugs, and an open design
process [4]. We welcome any contribution without requiring a transfer of
copyright.

List of bugs fixed
==================

640	Crash in example elasticnodes.py
627	Compile error in generatorrunner - missing abstractmetalang.h, etc
632	QLineEdit.getTextMargins() segmentation fault
647	QGLWidget.bindTexture(QPixmap) causes program crash
650	Missing bindings for QNetworkProxyFactory
651	Calling disconnect() with no arguments causes segfault
562	pyside-uic does not generate some layers properties
565	QImage missing *data constructors
590	Error QFileDialog.getSaveFileName with DontConfirmOverwrite option
593	__repr__ should be more Pythonic
605	Using metaclasses with the PySide classes doesn't work
612	QColor.__reduce__ is not accurate
613	QSvgRenderer chooses QByteArray overload when given a file path
616	error compiling when public and private methods differ by the const-ness
617	conversion from C++ enum to PySide does not set repr() properly
618	QAbstractItemModel.createIndex only creates a weak reference to ptr
633	bool of null QDate (possibly other empty QString/null QObj types?)
returns True for empty instance; probably should be False
641	some errors in diagramscene.py
655	bad re-implementations of QApplication.notify result in a SystemError
656	cannot inherit from QCoreApplication
659	removeParent() performs very poorly when a parent has >10000 items
566	'PySide.QtGui.QImage' object has no attribute 'scanLine'
636	Unable to navigate back to the main site from the generated documentation