PySPH 0.9beta release

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in
Sat Aug 27 18:48:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

We are pleased to announce a 0.9beta release of PySPH.  This is our
first public release.

PySPH (http://pysph.googlecode.com) is an open source framework for
Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics (SPH) simulations. It is implemented in
Python and the performance critical parts are implemented in Cython. The
framework provides for load balanced, parallel execution of solvers. It
is designed to be easy to extend.  Check our homepage for more details.

Quick Installation
-------------------

The major prerequisite is NumPy (http://numpy.scipy.org) and a C++
compiler.  To use the built-in viewer you will need to have Mayavi
installed.  If you need parallel support you must have mpi4py installed
but this is optional. To install a released version do:

   $ easy_install pysph

More information

Project home:  http://pysph.googlecode.com
Documentation: http://packages.python.org/PySPH