Pogo 0.1

Jendrik Seipp jendrikseipp at web.de
Tue Oct 12 02:16:13 CEST 2010

I am proud to announce the first release of Pogo, probably the simplest
and fastest audio player for Linux.

You can get the tarball and an Ubuntu deb package at
http://launchpad.net/pogo

What is Pogo?
--------------------
Pogo plays your music. Nothing else. It tries to be fast and
easy-to-use. Pogo's elementary-inspired design uses the screen-space
very efficiently. It is especially well-suited for people who organize
their music by albums on the harddrive. The main interface components
are a directory tree and a playlist that groups albums in an innovative way.
Pogo is a fork of Decibel Audio Player. Supported file formats include
Ogg Vorbis, MP3, FLAC, Musepack, Wavpack, and MPEG-4 AAC.

What's new in 0.1 "Businessmen drink my blood" (2010-10-05)?
* Initial release
* Fork decibel audio player
* Rebranding
* Restructure interface (use space more efficiently, simplify)
* Write new playlist widget which groups albums
* Show clickable cover in lower right corner
* Make preferences dialog more accessible
* Make track position slider clickable with left mouse clicks
* Highlight all parents when playing a track
* Automatically hide redundant information in track titles
* Remove menubar and statusbar
* Add preferences button
* Highlight dropped rows after drag'n'drop
* Collapse rows when dragging only dirs
* Let slider tooltip display elapsed seconds
* Keep original ratio when scaling covers
* Remove unnecessary code
* Much code refactoring

Cheers,
Jendrik