pylint 0.22.0 : alpha release of python3.x support

Emile Anclin emile.anclin at logilab.fr
Tue Nov 16 11:53:47 CET 2010

   Hello everybody,

we are pleased to announce the first Python 3.x compatible
Pylint release with version 0.22.0 ! According to this, we also release
logilab-common 0.53.0 and logilab-astng 0.21.0.

Python3 support
---------------

However, the Python3.x support should be considered as an alpha release,
since we know that some of the tests don't pass.

If you install logilab-common, logilab-astng and pylint from source, you
also have to run the 2to3 script by yourself::

   find . ! -path "*/test/*py" -name "*py" -exec 2to3-3.1 -wn {} \;

If you want to run the tests, remove the -path option, and ask Logilab for
support.

If you install it from debian packages through logilab repository, it
comes with pylint3(-gui) and pyreverse3 executables.

Bugfixes
--------

Furthermore, as we forgot to announce the Pylint 0.21.4 and logilab-astng
0.20.4 release, let me note that those releases fixed a lot of bugs:

Pylint:
#37148: Pyreverse fails on twisted.internet
#19799: "pylint -blah" exit with status 2
#48066: pylint crashes when redirecting output containing non-ascii
#3259: "pylint --disable-all --enable-msg=XYZ file.py"
#46772: absolute imports fail depending on module path
#46137: disable-report options do not work anymore

Astng:
#37665, #37868, #33638: E0611 false positive with relative imports
#37909: No name 'testing' in module 'srllib'
#8969: false positive when importing from zip-safe eggs
#20254: odd import name w/ absolute_import activated
#46131: Pylint did not recognise decorators usage

What is Pylint?
---------------

Pylint analyzes Python source code looking for bugs and signs of poor
quality.

Pylint is a python tool that checks if a module satisfies a coding
standard. Pylint is similar to PyChecker but offers more features, like
checking line-code's length, checking if variable names are well-formed
according to your coding standard, or checking if declared interfaces are
truly implemented, and much more.

The big advantage with Pylint is that it is highly configurable,
customizable, and you can easily write a small plugin to add a personal
feature.

Pylint is shipped with Pyreverse which creates UML diagrams for python
code.

--

Emile Anclin <emile.anclin at logilab.fr>
http://www.logilab.fr/   http://www.logilab.org/