EPD 6.3 release

Ilan Schnell ischnell at enthought.com
Tue Nov 2 05:28:30 CET 2010

Hello,

I am pleased to announce that EPD (Enthought Python Distribution)
version 6.3 has been released.  Apart from the usual updates and
bug fixes, many projects have been added into this EPD version
including: numexpr (linked against the MKL's Vector Math Library),
SimPy, h5py and pyzmq.  Please find the complete list of additions,
updates and bug fixes in the change log:

         http://www.enthought.com/EPDChangelog.html

In addition, we now also provide a Python Package Index (PyPI) mirror
for our customers which allows installing compiled PyPI packages
using the native EPD install tool.  To find more information about
EPD, as well as download a 30 day free trial, visit this page:

         http://www.enthought.com/products/epd.php

About EPD
---------
The Enthought Python Distribution (EPD) is a "kitchen-sink-included"
distribution of the Python Programming Language, including over 90
additional tools and libraries. The EPD bundle includes NumPy, SciPy,
IPython, 2D and 3D visualization, and many other tools.

         http://www.enthought.com/products/epdlibraries.php

It is currently available as a single-click installer for Windows XP,
Vista and 7, MacOS (10.5 and 10.6), RedHat 3, 4 and 5, as well as
Solaris 10 (x86 and x86_64/amd64 on all platforms).

The 32-bit EPD is free for academic use.  An annual subscription
including installation support is available for individual and
commercial use.  Additional support options, including customization,
bug fixes and training classes are also available:

         http://www.enthought.com/products/support_level_table.php

- Ilan