ANN: unicode 0.9.4

garabik-news-2005-05 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk garabik-news-2005-05 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
Sun Feb 14 10:49:18 CET 2010

unicode is a simple python command line utility that displays
properties for a given unicode character, or searches
unicode database for a given name.

It was written with Linux in mind, but should work almost everywhere
(including MS Windows and MacOSX), UTF-8 console is recommended.

The package contains also 'paracode' utility, that exploits the full
power of the Unicode standard to convert the text into vіѕuаllу ѕіmіlаr
ѕtrеаm οf glурhѕ, whіlе uѕіng сοmрlеtеlу dіffеrеnt сοdерοіntѕ. It is an
excellent didactic tool demonstrating the principles and advanced use of
the Unicode standard.

Changes since previous versions:

* works with new (split) Unihan files