PyPy winter sprint in Leysin, Switzerland

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Dec 9 16:12:36 CET 2010

         PyPy Leysin Winter Sprint (16-22nd January 2011)

The next PyPy sprint will be in Leysin, Switzerland, for the
seventh time.  This is a fully public sprint: newcomers and topics
other than those proposed below are welcome.

------------------------------
Goals and topics of the sprint
------------------------------

* Now that we have released 1.4, and plan to release 1.4.1 soon
  (possibly before the sprint), the sprint itself is going to be
  mainly working on fixing issues reported by various users. Of
  course this does not prevent people from showing up with a more
  precise interest in mind.  If there are newcomers, we will gladly
  give introduction talks.

* We will also work on polishing and merging the long-standing
  branches that are around, which could eventually lead to the
  next PyPy release.  These branches are notably:

  - fast-forward (Python 2.7 support, by Benjamin, Amaury, and others)
  - jit-unroll-loops (improve JITting of smaller loops, by Hakan)
  - arm-backend (a JIT backend for ARM, by David)
  - jitypes2 (fast ctypes calls with the JIT, by Antonio).

* And as usual, the main side goal is to have fun in winter sports :-)
  We can take a day off for ski.

More info

http://morepypy.blogspot.com/2010/12/leysin-winter-sprint.html
http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/extradoc/sprintinfo/leysin-winter-2011/announcement.txt