[ANN] CubicWeb 3.8 released

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Wed Apr 28 12:35:20 CEST 2010

CubicWeb 3.8.0 went out last week, but now we have tested it, produced
a 3.8.1, it's show time!

What's new in CubicWeb 3.8?

One of the most important change is http server update to move from deadend
twisted.web2 to twisted.web. With this change come the possibility to configure
the maximum size of POST request in the configuration file (was hard-coded to
100Mo before).

Other changes include:

* CubicWeb should now be installable through **pip** or **easy_install**.
  This is still experimental, and we don't use it that much so please,
  give us some feedback! Some cubes are now also pipable (comment, blog...),
  but more will come with new releases.

* .execute() function lost is cache key argument. This is a great news since
  it was a pain to explain and most cubicweb users didn't know how to handle
  it well (and I'm thre greatest beneficer since I won't have to explain over
  and over again)

* nicer schema and workflow views

* refactored web session handling, which should now be cleaner, clearer, hence
  less buggy...

* nicer skeleton generation for new cubes, cleaner __pkginfo__ (you don't have
  to define both __depends__ / __depends_cubes__ or __recommends__ /
  __recommends_cubes__ in the general case, and other cleanups)

Enjoy!