Sneaky web server 0.1

Massimo Di Pierro MDiPierro at cs.depaul.edu
Thu Sep 24 08:18:16 CEST 2009

A fast portable pure-python multithreaded experimental WSGI web server
in 300 lines of code:

Python 2.4,2.5,2.6 version:

     http://code.google.com/p/web2py/source/browse/trunk/gluon/sneaky.py

Python 3.0,3.1 version:

     http://code.google.com/p/web2py/source/browse/trunk/gluon/
sneaky3.py

1) Some third party benchmarks are in the doc strings but you should
run them yourself. These are benchmarks for the servers, not the
frameworks.

2) We are not sure it is perfectly WSGI compliant but it is very
similar to Cherrypy wsgiserver 3.2.

3) Experimental means we are still ironing down WSGI compliance and we
have not tested chunked uploads (only regular uploads).

4) This is distributed with web2py, it works with web2py, but until we
have more tests done, web2py still uses cherrypy's wsgi server in
production.

5) The license is GPL but we are going change it to MIT of BSD or
Apache when done.

6) We are posting here because we hope you will give it a try and
report compatibility issues with your favorite framework and browser.
This will help us fix problems and turn into a fast production server.