Join us for the 2nd Scientific Computing with Python Webinar

Travis Oliphant oliphant at enthought.com
Mon Jun 15 22:31:16 CEST 2009

Hello all Python users:

I am pleased to announce the second installment of a free Webinar
series that discusses using Python for scientific computing.
Enthought hosts this free series  which takes place once a month for
about 60-90 minutes.   The schedule and length may change based on
participation feedback, but for now it is scheduled for the third
Friday of every month.     This free webinar should not be confused
with the EPD webinar on the first Friday of each month which is open
only to subscribers to the Enthought Python Distribution at the Basic
level or above.

This session's speakers will be me (Travis Oliphant) and Peter Wang.
I will show off a bit of EPDLab which is an interactive Python
environment built using IPython, Traits, and Envisage.   Peter Wang
will present a demo of Chaco and provide some examples of interactive
visualizations that can be easily constructed using it's classes.   If
there is time after the Chaco demo, I will continue the discussion
about Mayavi, but I suspect this will have to wait until the next
session.   All of the tools we will show are open-source, freely-
available tools from multiple sources.  They can all be conveniently
installed using the Enthought Python Distribution.

This event will take place on Friday, June 19th at 1:00pm CDT and will
last 60 to 90 minutes depending on the questions asked.  If you would
like to participate, please register by clicking on the link below or
going to https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/303689873.

There will be a 15 minute technical help-session prior to the on-line
meeting which you should plan to use if you have never participated in
a GoToWebinar previously.  During this time you can test your
connection and audio equipment as well as familiarize yourself with
the GoTo Meeting software (which currently only works with Mac and
Windows systems).

I am looking forward to interacting with many of you again this Friday.

Best regards,

Travis Oliphant
Enthought, Inc.

Enthought is the company that sponsored the creation of SciPy and the
Enthought Tool Suite.  It continues to sponsor the SciPy community by
hosting the SciPy mailing list and website and participating in the
development of SciPy and NumPy.      Enthought creates custom
scientific and technical software applications and provides training
on using Python for technical computing.   Enthought also provides the
Enthought Python Distribution.   Learn more at http://www.enthought.com

Bios for Travis Oliphant and Peter Wang can be read at http://www.enthought.com/company/executive-team.php

--
Travis Oliphant