Toronto Python Users' Group (PyGTA) meeting Wednesday 17th, 7:15pm

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Tue Jun 9 06:07:13 CEST 2009

This month (June 2009) we will be meeting on the 17th (a Wednesday,
*not* our regular Tuesday).  Linux Caffe is at the corner of Grace and
Harbord streets, 1 block South of Christie subway station.  This month's
presentation is...

Wednesday, June 17th:

    Behdad Esfahbod will be presenting on how to use the Cairo rendering
    library from Python.  Cairo is a vector graphics library that allows
    for targeting multiple graphical back-ends  including OpenGL,
    X-windows, OSX Quartz, Win32, PDF, PNG etceteras.  It is used in the
    Firefox and WebKit engines as well as the GTK library.

    Again, note the day-of-week!

Tuesday, July 21st:

    Robert Jackiewicz of the Toronto Plone User's group will be
    presenting the zc.buildout package.  Buildout is a tool for creating
    redistributable Python applications which is used extensively by the
    Zope and Plone communities.  It is a "recipe" based engine for
    reproducing a set of modules and application code onto a number of
    machines.

http://www.pygta.org/

If you have an idea for a presentation, theme or discussion, feel free
to email it to me.

Enjoy yourselves,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher