TkDocs: new tutorial and resources for TkInter/ttk

Mark Roseman mark at markroseman.com
Fri Jul 17 03:40:42 CEST 2009

TkDocs is a language-neutral resource for developers who are interested
in using Tk as their GUI.  The highlight is an extensive tutorial that
illustrates how to use the newest generation of Tk features and best
practices to create modern and attractive user interfaces.

I'm pleased to announce that the tutorial and other parts of the site
has been updated with the latest Python-oriented Tk material,
corresponding to tkinter and ttk from Python 3.1.  You'll now find all
the examples and code snippets available in Python (and also Tcl, Ruby
and Perl for those so inclined).

Please visit the site at http://www.tkdocs.com

I hope this site is valuable for both new and existing Python GUI
developers; for the latter group it will help you upgrade away from all
the outdated ugly constructs that Tk is so famous for.  ;-)  I'd greatly
appreciate any feedback, corrections or suggestions on the site.

Thanks
Mark