filelike 0.3.0

Ryan Kelly ryan at rfk.id.au
Fri Jan 16 09:24:10 CET 2009

Hi All,

  I'm pleased to announce the v0.3.0 release of filelike, a module for
easy creation and manipulation of objects that provide a rich file-like
interface.  New in this version we have:

  * support for seek() and tell() in FileLikeBase
  * much better support for intermingling reads and writes
  * rearranged filelike.wrappers to provide consistent naming scheme
  * filelike.join function: concatenate several file-like objects so
they behave like a single file
  * filelike.slice function: access a portion of a file-like object as
if it were an independent file
  * Buffered wrapper class: emulate seekability on streaming
input/output

 Along with a host of small fixes and new test cases.  All the details
are available at the project website:

   http://www.rfk.id.au/software/projects/filelike/

  Cheers,

     Ryan