Regular Toronto Python User's Group meeting: Using CouchDB from Python

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Thu Jan 15 02:42:17 CET 2009

This month we're going to have a presentation from Myles Braithwaite on
how to use the CouchDB system from Python.  According to Myles this is
the stuff he couldn't get to when he presented the library at TLUG last
month.  CouchDB is an Erlang-coded distributed "document oriented"
database with bi-directional replication  mechanisms.  There is a Python
API and Myles will be discussing how you go about actually using CouchDB
in your projects (hopefully he'll cover the "why you'd want to do that"
stuff too :) ).

We'll meet at Linux Caffe, at the corner of Harbord and Grace, one block
South of Christie station, at 7:00pm.  We'll start the formal
presentation at 7:15.  Directions are available on the website's
next-meeting page:

http://www.pygta.org

Have fun all,
Mike