Python Training in San Diego (USENIX Technical Conference)

David Beazley dave at dabeaz.com
Mon Apr 20 16:42:53 CEST 2009

		    Python Training Opportunities
	 In San Diego at the 2009 USENIX Technical Conference
			   June 14-15, 2009

       http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix09/training/index.html

I'm pleased to announce three Python tutorial sessions to be
presented at the 2009 USENIX Technical Conference in San Diego.

The Python Programming Language, June 14, 2009  (All Day)
This tutorial provides a comprehensive tour of the Python programming
language and shows how it can be used to solve a variety of practical
problems. The tutorial will illustrate important concepts through
examples that primarily focus on data analysis, systems programming,
and system administration.

Introduction to Python Concurrency, June 15, 2009 (Morning)
A overview of the state of concurrent programming in Python.  Topics
include threads, message passing, multiprocessing, asynchronous I/O,
and coroutines.

Python Generator Hacking, June 15, 2009 (Afternoon)
Generators and generator expressions are among the most useful
features of Python. Yet many Python programmers are unsure how to
apply them to real-world problems. This tutorial presents practical
uses of generators, including processing large data files, handling
real-time data sequences, parsing, threads, networking, and
distributed computing.