ETS 3.0.2 released!

Dave Peterson dpeterson at enthought.com
Mon Sep 15 23:04:55 CEST 2008

I'm pleased to announce that the Enthought Tool Suite (ETS) 3.0.2 has
just been tagged and released!

Source distributions (.tar.gz) have been pushed to PyPi.   Window's
binaries will be built and uploaded to PyPi over the next 24 hours or so.

You can update to ETS 3.0.2 like so:
    easy_install -U ets>=3.0.2

Changes
-----------

ETS 3.0.2 is an update to ETS 3.0.1 that includes the following changes:
    * Update of Enable to fix problems doing 'setup.py install'.
    * Update of ETSProjectTools to fix bugs and improve the help messages.
    * Update of Mayavi to fix bugs found during the SciPy conference.
    * Update of Traits, TraitsGUI, and TraitsBackend* to fix a number of
issues (see
https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/query?milestone=Traits+3.0.2)

What is ETS?
------------------
The Enthought Tool Suite (ETS) is a collection of components developed
by Enthought and our partners, which we use every day to construct
custom scientific applications. It includes a wide variety of
components, including:

    * an extensible application framework
    * application building blocks
    * 2-D and 3-D graphics libraries
    * scientific and math libraries
    * developer tools

The cornerstone on which these tools rest is the Traits package, which
provides explicit type declarations in Python; its features include
initialization, validation, delegation, notification, and visualization
of typed attributes.

More information is available for all these packages from the Enthought
Tool Suite development home page:
    http://code.enthought.com/projects/tool-suite.php

-- Dave