Release 0.3 of Evoque Templating

Mario Ruggier mario at ruggier.org
Sat Sep 6 17:53:06 CEST 2008

Happy to announce release version 0.3 of the Evoque Templating engine
for python. Other than the bug fixes, a couple recent changes that are
particularly worthy of mention are:

- Significantly more dynamic
In particular you can now do things like determine the base template
of a template hierarchy chain dynamically at runtime -- how it is done
boils down to just using a variable to select which template to to use
as base template i.e. a template just declares an overlay directive
such as  $overlay{name=my_site_theme}  and the runtime value of
my_site_theme will determine which template will be overlaid. This can
be a very nice way to manage a site theme as per user preferences. For
further explanations, see:
http://evoque.gizmojo.org/howto/site-template/

- Seamless integration with Pylons
The code for using Evoque as the templating engine in a Pylons
application is included in the distribution, and detailed description
of the process is at:
http://evoque.gizmojo.org/ext/pylons/

What is Evoque?
Evoque is a lightweight full-featured generic text templating engine
for python with sandbox-ability, versatility and simplicity as key
feature priorities. In spite of its feature-richness, it has a small
footprint (972 SLOC) and is very fast.

[license] Academic Free License version 3.0
[documentation] http://evoque.gizmojo.org/
[features] http://evoque.gizmojo.org/features/
[download] http://evoque.gizmojo.org/download/
[installation] easy_install evoque