Python training in cheminformatics

Andrew Dalke andrewdalke at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 00:01:40 CET 2008

I will be teaching several training courses in
Python programming, designed for cheminformatics
researchers who want to be more effective at the
software side of their work. These courses will
be in San Francisco in December, in Leipzig in
March and in Boston in April.

The next course is in San Francisco on December
4-5, 2008 and space is still available. Topics I
will cover include:

  - an overview of the Python language
  - the IPython interactive shell
  - plotting with matplotlib
  - OpenEye's OEChem
  - parsing CSV, SMILES and SD files with Python
       and OEChem
  - substructure matching with SMARTS, using OEChem
  - calling other programs
  - working with a SQL database

I am planning a course for Leipzig on 2-4 March 2009.
This three-day course will cover a few additional topics,
like working with Excel, and include more time for
hands-on and self-directed work.

Please contact me if you are interested and I'll notify
you on the details when they are finalized.

I have started planning a course for Boston in April,
2009 and am working on finding a location and time.
Please contact me if you are interested in this class
or have a suggestion for a location.

All courses are limited to 8 people. Registration
includes all teaching materials, coffee breaks, and
lunch. For full details including course topics and
prerequisite experience, see

  http://dalkescientific.com/training/ .