EuroPython 2008: Talk Submissions Extension plus Early Registration Reminder

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed May 28 20:37:18 CEST 2008

First of all, a reminder to those of you considering registering for
EuroPython 2008, held in Vilnius, Lithuania from 7th to 12th July (talks from
7th to 9th, sprints from 10th to 12th): the early registration deadline is on
Saturday 31st May, and if you would like to take advantage of the reduced
registration fee, now is the time to navigate to the EuroPython site and to
make your registration:

http://www.europython.org/Registration

For the impatient, here's a link to the registration form itself:

http://registration.europython.eu/

Talk Submissions Period Extended
--------------------------------

The original deadline for submitting talk proposals for EuroPython 2008 passed
on Thursday 22nd May, and although there have been quite a few submissions,
the EuroPython organisers would like to encourage a few more! So, we have now
decided to give all potential submitters some more time to put together
proposals and send them in for consideration.

What this means is that anyone who had considered making a talk proposal but
then found themselves short of time before last Thursday can now aim for the
new deadline of Monday 2nd June - there's even a weekend before the deadline
for anyone needing "quiet time" to sketch out their proposal! As always, the
EuroPython organisers realise that the deadlines we've set aren't always
compatible with everyone's personal schedule.

Remember that we're only looking for proposals at this point, not the entire
talk or materials, although we obviously expect those things to be ready for
the conference. ;-)

Take a look at the Call for Participation for all the details:

http://www.europython.org/CallForParticipation

Or go straight to the page for talk submissions:

http://www.europython.org/Talk_Submissions

We look forward to seeing your proposals and hopefully seeing you in Vilnius!