Pygments 0.10 "Malzeug" released

Georg Brandl georg at python.org
Tue May 6 19:06:49 CEST 2008

I've just uploaded the Pygments 0.10 packages to CheeseShop. Pygments is a
generic syntax highlighter written in Python.

Download it from <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Pygments>, or look at the
demonstration at <http://pygments.org/demo>.

Highlights in this release are:

- Lexers added:

   * Io
   * Smalltalk
   * Darcs patches
   * Tcl
   * Matlab
   * Matlab sessions
   * FORTRAN
   * XSLT
   * tcsh
   * NumPy
   * Python 3
   * S, S-plus, R statistics languages
   * Logtalk

- Makefile lexer is now capable of handling BSD and GNU make syntax.

- In the LatexFormatter, the *commandprefix* option is now by default
   'PY' instead of 'C', since the latter resulted in several collisions
   with other packages.  Also, the special meaning of the *arg* argument
   to ``get_style_defs()`` was removed.

- Added ImageFormatter, to format code as PNG, JPG, GIF or BMP.
   (Needs the Python Imaging Library.)

- Support doc comments in the PHP lexer.

- Handle format specifications in the Perl lexer.

- Fix function and interface name highlighting in the Java lexer.

- Fix at-rule handling in the CSS lexer.

- Handle KeyboardInterrupts gracefully in pygmentize.

- Added BlackWhiteStyle.

I want to express my gratitude to all contributors who helped to build this
impressive feature list for 0.10. Thanks!

Cheers,
Georg