ANN: TurboGears 1.0.4.4 Released

Christopher Arndt chris.arndt at web.de
Sun Mar 9 21:29:13 CET 2008

TurboGears 1.0.4.4 Released
===========================

The TurboGears team and release manager Florent Aide are pleased
to announce the release of TurboGears 1.0.4.4.

This release marks the last active version of the stable 1.0 branch. All
new developments will now occur in the 1.1 branch. The 1.0 branch will
only receive critical bug-fixes and security updates from now on.

The TurboGears 1 Team will concentrate on preparing a beta release of
the 1.1 branch. The future version 1.1 will provide different defaults
for the template engine (Genshi) and the ORM (SQLAlchemy) and should
ease transition to the upcoming TurboGears 2.0 version (which builds on
Pylons) for 1.0 users.

Contributors wanted!
needed. A copy of his post can be found on this wiki page:

     http://docs.turbogears.org/Contributing/HelpWanted

Also, PyCon 2008 in Chicago is coming up this week and there will be a
TurboGears Sprint Session after the weekend. If you want to get your
hands dirty with code NOW, why don't you sign up for the sprint?

     http://docs.turbogears.org/SprintOrganization

What is TurboGears?
-------------------

TurboGears is a popular rapid web development megaframework, built
from a number of great Python projects and with a bunch of high-level
features built within the TurboGears project. The goal of the project is
to ease development of modern web applications and support the full
stack from database back-end to the web client front-end.

For more information about the project and its goals please visit the
homepage at http://www.turbogears.org/.

Where to get it?
----------------

As always, TurboGears can be installed by following the instructions on
the wiki:

     http://docs.turbogears.org/1.0/Install

What's New?
-----------

Release 1.0.4.4 is a bug-fix release which addresse a few problems with
the last two releases:

   * The quickstart templates have been cleaned-up.
   * The session cookie handling routines have been made more robust and
     more cross-browser compatible.
   * It is now possible to have an SSL login page while the rest of the
     web site uses normal HTTP.
   * Compatibility with SQLAlchemy 0.4.3 was added.

For a full list of changes please see the ChangeLog (see below).

Contributors

Too many to name them all here ;-) Please see our ChangeLog page for a
list of contributors for each release:

     http://trac.turbogears.org/wiki/ChangeLog

We would like to thank everybody involved for their help in putting this
release together!

Christopher Arndt