[ANN] Release of the second PyTables video

Ivan Vilata i Balaguer ivilata at carabos.com
Mon Feb 11 17:16:38 CET 2008

======================================
 Release of the second PyTables video
======================================

Carabos [1]_ is happy to announce the second of a series of videos
dedicated to introducing the main features of PyTables to the public
in a visual and easy to grasp manner:

  http://www.carabos.com/videos/pytables-2-tables

PyTables [2]_ is a Free/Open Source package designed to handle massive
amounts of data in a simple, but highly efficient way, using the HDF5
file format and NumPy data containers.

.. [1] http://www.carabos.com/
.. [2] http://www.pytables.org/

Our second video explains how to work with tables, PyTables' main data
container.  It shows how to:

  * describe the structure of a table
  * create a table
  * iterate over a table
  * access tables by blocks
  * handle big tables
  * query a table

The video is only 15 minutes long, so you can watch it while you enjoy
a nice cup of coffee.

If you are used to SQL databases, you may also be interested in the
introduction to tables at http://www.pytables.org/moin/HintsForSQLUsers
You can also see more on table queries in the latest video about ViTables
(our PyTables GUI) at http://www.carabos.com/videos/vitables-2-queries

More videos about PyTables will be published in the near future, so
stay tuned on www.pytables.org for further announcements.

We would like to hear your opinion on the video so we can do it better
the next time.  We are also open to suggestions for the topics of
future videos.  You can contact us at pytables at carabos.com.

Best regards,

::

	Ivan Vilata i Balaguer   >qo<   http://www.carabos.com/