Regular Toronto Area Python User's Group (PyGTA) meeting on Tuesday

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Fri Dec 12 00:01:52 CET 2008

We'll be having our regular Toronto Area Python User's Group meeting
this upcoming Tuesday (Dec 16th).  Topic for the evening's discussions:

    What's your programming mantra?

    When you code, do you consciously think about the principles in the
    Zen of Python?  Do you find yourself following them automatically
    without thought?  Do you find they are pointless/irrelevant to your
    coding?  Do you ever defend your decisions (to yourself or others)
    by reference?  What about other programming "rules" (formal
    patterns, XP principles)?  Do you shout YAGNI at your co-workers?
    Have you ever claimed that you DRY?  What programming principles
    work for you and why?  Or are principles just crutches that the
    weak-minded use to cover their lack of experience and deep thought?

As usual, we'll meet at Linux Caffe, at the corner of Grace and Harbord
streets, 1 block South of Christie station.  We'll gather around 7:00
and start by 7:15pm.

Om Mani Import This,
Mike